Friday, July 31, 2015

Day With Friends

Last night as we were winding down our day we had a knock on our door. It was the campground owner letting us know that a new campsite with full hookups was going to be available in the morning. Were we interested? Yes! The site we had only came with water and electric, while this new site also had sewer, cable, and was right across from the pool. Score!

So this morning we got up early and made the trek across the campground to our new site. It's very nice!

As soon as we got settled Bob and I headed out to my friend Jeen's house. Bob dropped me off and drove on to visit one of his former colleague at his summer home.

Jeen and I met through Ravelry several years ago, first making arrangements to take a Saori class together. Since then we have camped in her driveway with a travel trailer for a weekend and she has visited us in NJ. We were overdue for a visit.
We had a lot of fun catching up on family and weaving (two of my favorite subjects!)  I showed Jeen my new Seidel card loom and she showed me her Magic Dobby loom. That is quite an intimidating loom, but a real beauty. I think I'll stick with my rigid heddles, though. 

Jeen had prepared us a yummy lunch, and afterwards we talked the afternoon away. I showed her how to do a basic three loop braid and of course she picked it right up. She's a natural when it comes to any fiber technique.

Then it was time to head out. Jeen graciously offered to drive me to meet Bob, and we both got a chance to tour Bob's friend, Jesse's, house. What a spot he has, right on the lake!
Back at the new campsite we brought out KC the cat and Auggie doggy into the screen room (blessedly bug-free!) to enjoy our supper of sandwiches, broccoli salad, and cheese dip with Fritos, courtesy of Jeen.  A lovely end to a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment