Monday, July 27, 2015

The Clark Museum

I love art museums, which is one of the reasons that I'm so excited about our new North American Reciprocal Museum pass. The other reason is that I'm cheap, of course. Being born and raised a Yankee rubbed off on me, big time.

So today Bob and I used the NARM pass to visit the Clark Museum in Williamstown, MA. Sterling Clark (who was heir to the Singer Sewing Machine fortune) and his wife Francine started collecting art in the early 1900s. The collection includes a large number of Impressionist paintings and sculptures, including works by Degas, Monet, Manet, Gauguin, and others.
There was also a special Van Gogh exhibit that we enjoyed. A feast for our souls!

Afterwards we walked around the grounds a bit. The museum is set in a lovely estate with large water features.
Feeling a wee bit peckish, Bob and I drove into town for pizza at One Hot Tomato and enjoyed some of the best pizza we've ever had.

Have you ever had Tim Tams?

We found these at Target today. Tim Tam cookies are Australian, as popular in Australia as Oreos are here. I had to pick some up. Boy, were they good! You may want to keep your eyes open for them where you shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment