Monday, November 9, 2015

Weekend in Livingston

We have had a nice weekend. I spent most of Saturday finishing up a baby sweater for my niece's baby shower. It rained a lot of the day and we put on long pants for the first time since, I don't know, March?  On Sunday we went to Walmart (which sounds boring, but the one in town has just opened after a seven month renovation so it is shiny and new) and found the post office. Yesterday afternoon  I took apart my Ashford Sample-It Loom (ASIL) and put a couple of coats of polyacrylic on it. I've been meaning to do that for a long time, and I may do the same for my Avril loom today.

As I was working on my loom I looked up and saw our friends from the Gathering, Shiela and Roland walking over to us! They are just stopping briefly on their way to San Antonio, but it was great to see them again. It is always fun to see people we know--the country is so large but you really do run into friends as you travel.  One of the best things about RVing! Later we met a fellow named Jack in the site across from us and we sat with him over beers. We ended up going out to dinner with him here at Shrimp Boat Manny's and had a great time and a good meal.
I had the crawfish etoufee and some dark gumbo, with red beans and rice. Delicious!

Before the rain, temperatures were in the low 80s with lows in the 60s, but since the rain it has gotten cooler. We actually have had to turn on our heat. I guess it can't be summer all year, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment