Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Busy Weekend

Sunday was a day for crafting. I had started a sweater after the birth of my new grand-nephew, and this weekend I knitted like crazy and finished it.  It is the same pattern as the one I made for my soon-to-be-born grand-niece, and I thought I had more time because my nephew wasn't due to be born until February.  Surprise!  He arrived 12 weeks early.  It will be a few weeks before he is home and ready to wear this nice sweater, but I feel good having it be finished.    
On Monday Bob and I started discussing adding side bars to my Piccolo harness frames. This will add a little more stability to them.  Saori Looms has come out with a conversion kit to do this, but we thought we would give it a try on our own and see how it comes out. So off we went to the hardware store, where we found insulation for the windows, dowels for warping, and rubber gloves to protect my hands when working. Bob decided he probably had what we needed for the harnesses at home, after all. I'll post pictures when we make the change.

Then we stopped at a nearby thrift store and hit the mother lode. I found a brand new Breadman bread maker for $6. It was just like the one I had given to my kids before we left. It is hard making the space for kneading dough so this will sit in the corner and be there when I need it.  I made a loaf of Buttermilk Bread to test it out and it works perfectly.

Over the weekend we had a video conference with the team for RVillage.  A few months ago we invested a little bit of money into this site and it is very exciting to see the improvements and the plans for the future.  If you are an RVer but are not yet a member, please visit RVillage.com and check it out. It is free to join.





No comments:

Post a Comment