Saturday, December 19, 2015

Saturday in T or C

It has been a quiet week. On Saturday Bob and I went into the town of Truth or Consequences to find a book store. We actually found two of them. The first was called The Black Cat and featured used books and a cafe with good coffee and snacks.
We enjoyed a late breakfast and I found two books that I had to have.
We continued on our way and stopped at Xochi's next to check it out. 
This shop was interesting but I found the organization of books a bit confusing. It was a maze of little rooms and beautiful glass fronted bookcases that held a fascinating collection of books. This is definitely the place to go if your passion is Native American history and culture! 

After we returned home I worked on my Saori Piccolo project. Bob had made me some harness frames out of a piece of cherry wood left over from another project, and I sanded them up and rubbed some paste wax into them. They fit perfectly. 

I think it will make a big difference in the stability of the frames, which won't really change their function but will provide support for traveling. Plus they look very nice. I doubled the number of heddles per harness by moving all the heddles from one set of harnesses to the other. I have a project planned that will need 24 ends per inch so I will need the extra heddles.

No comments:

Post a Comment