Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Eve

Since today was our day off and we work (only a couple of hours) tomorrow, we decided to feast today. I got up early and made some cinnamon buns, our traditional Christmas morning fare. I tried a new recipe from King Arthur Flour. Well, it was new for me, anyway. It came out really good! I cut the amount of ingredients in half and it still made an 8" X 8" pan of rolls.

We ate dinner early, at about 2:00, and had quiche and a bottle of Dolcetto by Sambra Antigua Winery. We picked it up last month when we stayed there through Harvest Hosts. I loved their wines, and I was glad we saved it for our Christmas meal.

Around 4:30 Bob and I went outside and built a fire in the fire pit. We only lasted an hour, enjoying the sunset, for it was a bit windy and quickly became too cold to stay outside. But it was nice while it lasted!
This place is actually a campground, open to outsiders although we haven't had any visitors in the last month until yesterday. A young couple, Matta and Jo from the UK, are staying for two nights, having arrived yesterday. They have rented a class C motorhome (with the bed over the cab) and are on a three week tour of California and New Mexico.  A nice way to vacation, although I'm not sure if want to be driving a motorhome for the first time on the wrong side of the road. That's brave!

I want to wish you, dear blog reader, a very merry Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment