Thursday, May 21, 2015

Brake Problems

We made it to the Wayne County Fairgrounds and just as we pulled in off the road our air pressure alarm sounded and stayed on. That means that our air brakes are not holding air pressure, so we are very fortunate that it happened here and not while we were going through mountains! I am also grateful that we have a day to get it looked at before a holiday weekend. We have already contacted CoachNet, our roadside assistance company and someone will be out early tomorrow morning. Hopefully they can fix what is wrong quickly and inexpensively so we can continue our journey to NJ. We may be able to make it to Cherry Hill by Monday if we can still leave Sunday as planned.

We are one of only six RVs here at the moment but I know this campground will be filling up with vendors by tomorrow, ready for the Great Lakes Fiber Festival. I am very excited for Saturday! This is supposedly one of the best of the smaller fiber fests, and I have only been to three others--Maryland Sheep and Wool, New York Sheep and Wool (Rheinbeck,) and New Jersey Sheep and Wool in Ringoes, NJ. I get to meet up with TurtleJen from Ravelry, who has a booth here. I have admired her Turkish spindles that she and her husband make with a 3D printer and sell in her Etsy shop called TurtleMade. I hope to bring home one of her little beauties on Saturday, and I will post a photo then.

It is cloudy and cool (55 degrees) as I write this, but tomorrow the temps get into the low 60's and Saturday's weather is expected to be in the 70's. Perfect fiber fest weather!

I finished my grandson's Pokemon juggling balls and I think he'll like them.


2 comments:

  1. How exciting ! You get to meet Jen in person. I LOVE her Turkish spindles. She has some wonderful new colors etc. ENJOY! hope your brakes are an easy fix. Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking forward to meeting her and playing with those spindles!!

    ReplyDelete