Saturday, May 30, 2015

Time With Tim and Bernie

We had lots of company last night, with daughters Catherine and Emily joining us for dinner with their husbands and children. It's such fun to spend time with everyone after being away for so long!

Today we met at our son Tim and daughter in law Bernie's house to see what they have accomplished in the last seven months with their house. They have completed a vaulted ceiling, retiled the bathroom, added a fireplace and mantel, added transom windows, torn down and rebuilt two retaining walls, replaced a tired walkway, installed plantings, removed a number of trees in their yard, and have collected a number of cabinets that they will use when rebuilding the kitchen. There is still much to do but they have accomplished so much! We are very proud of them.

After we finished admiring Tim and Bernie's hard work we drove over to Mullica Hill, NJ to eat a late breakfast at Blue Plate.
We were able to eat outside and enjoy the early summer sun with our delicious meal. After a visit to  Red Barn Antiques our visit was complete. While we have no room in our motorhome for chotchkies I still get a lot of pleasure out of window shopping. And doing it with family is the best!

In my last post I showed a photo of my fiber closet. It is a little dark for a photo, but allow me to describe the storage area under the bed, because this is a very important space for my "studio." The bed lifts up and underneath is space for two clear plastic bins of yarn, a large Longaberger basket with yet more yarn, and my sewing machine. I also keep my marudai under there because it breaks down into a top (mirror) and a base with four legs. Before we went on the road I asked Bob to make my weaving bench from Harrisville Designs collapsable. This is what it looks like in parts (note the little zip lock bag full of hardware.)

And in this second photo you can see how bolts now go all the way through so that it can easily be assembled and disassembled. I don't bother with the base of the under-seat shelf, because it is too fiddly to put in. And I don't miss it. I love my weaving bench and am very glad that there is room for it.

I also had Bob change out the hardware on my Saori Warping board so that it has knobs and can come apart easily and quickly for storage. Love it!




No comments:

Post a Comment