Thursday, May 28, 2015

Vets, Elks, and Family

Bob and I took Auggie in to the veterinarian for his annual physical, check foe worms, and vaccinations. Three hundred and nine dollars later we left with a year's supply of heart worm and flea preventative and a clean bill of health. He also needs to get his teeth cleaned which will be several hundreds of dollars more. Yikes! We decided to search for a new vet on our travels for the dental work at a later date. Bob and I trust our dental care to a dentist in Mexico but we have not heard of similar savings for dogs. On the other hand, I have heard that the Phoenix Humane Society provides lower cost health and dental care. We will check them out next time we are in Arizona.

After we had lunch back at the motorhome we drove to Deptford where we met with people at an Elks lodge. The Elks often have hookups for RVs that may be used by members, and I have decided to join. We have met many fulltime RVers who utilize this benefit of their membership. The members we met today were very nice and I think this will work out well.

Later in the day, daughter Catherine and her little girl, Jillian, came over and we all had a nice meal together. We look forward to getting together again tomorrow, with daughter Emily, her husband and two daughters who have just returned today from a trip to California.

People have asked me what my fiber closet looks like, so I took a photo.

On the top bunk you can see my red bin with long items--the stand for my Ashford Knitters Loom (AKL) and the variou crosspieces, raddle, long shuttles, umbrella swift, etc. Behind the red bin are my 3 AKLs in their bags, Saori warping board in a bag, my Piccolo loom on it's side, and to the right my Gilmore Inkle Lap Loom in a bag. Yarn fills the clear plastic bins, sorted and labeled according to type. The bucket holds boat shuttles and bobbins. The box is full of fiber for spinning.

On the bottom bunk to the left is my 8 harness Baby Macomber loom with the Columbine spinning wheel on top with more spinning fiber. There are weaving tools in the gray bin on the right.

The way I have it organized should be easier to keep it neat and to reach what I need.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could be even a bit organized. That is Amazing, looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm far more organized now than I used to be!

    ReplyDelete