Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Loss of a Friend

We had such a nice dinner last night at Bletz Wildlife Lodge and Winery, our overnight spot through Harvest Hosts, that we decided to eat breakfast there as well before we left. There were no difficulties with the camping this time and it was a completely positive experience. I never got to meet the owner, Sandy, so I emailed her a note thanking her for the hospitality, and received a lovely response back. She was sorry to have missed us and said we were her first RVers since she joined. I'm really surprised more people don't use Harvest Hosts--it's a wonderful program.

Along the way we managed to snag an Indianapolis mug for Kristen from Starbucks. I can probably get two more for her before we arrive in NJ. It always makes me a little nervous when we have to stop at a Starbucks with the motorhome because it can be hard to maneuver in and out of a small parking lot, but we have been lucky so far. I do call the store ahead of time and make sure they have a mug and also that there is room for us to get in and out.

We had actually planned to use another Harvest Host location for tonight but the one closest to our route was not yet open for the season, so we are in a campground tonight in Ohio. Along the way I received an email from my friend Vaughn who told me that a mutual friend, Camille Buchanan, had passed away on Saturday, following a long struggle with cancer. Camille was such an enthusiastic spinner and weaver, always ready to learn something new and eager to share what she had learned. The members of the South Jersey Guild of Spinners and Handweavers have lost a good friend and supporter. My prayers go out to her family and friends. I will miss her dearly.


No comments:

Post a Comment