Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Oil Change

Our coach requires an oil change every 20,000 miles, our generator every 150 hours (a meter keeps track) and we were just about due.  So at the ungodly hour of 7:30 am we were pulling out of the campground to head for Branson Motorcoach, about 15 minutes away. It took us an extra 15 minutes to find the place, after driving up and down the road a couple of times (WHY would a place like that, set back away from the road,  not have a SIGN, for heaven's sake???)

But we got there, say down in the freezing cold waiting room, and waited for five hours until the work was finally finished. Thankfully I had my iPad with me and I could numb my brain with countless episodes of "Flip or Flop" and "Rehab Addict." I don't know why I still enjoy the home decorating shows like I do, since we don't have a house. It's just one more quirky thing that makes me special.

At last we were able to head back to our campground where I ate a quick lunch before having a nice nap. I haven't been sleeping well the last several nights, which tends to make me dizzy and queasy in addition to groggy. I have Meniere's Disease which is exacerbated by lack of sleep. I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow if I can get a solid night's rest.

Weather today was cloudy most of the day, but rain is moving our way. Time to batten down the hatches.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an adventure. I had a similar experience when I last had to go get oil changed on a few cars. Somehow my family ended up with 4 oil changes needing to happen at exactly the same time. It was amusing all going to the gas station to get it done together as a family. Thanks again.

    Shayne Gustafson @ Berico Heating and Air

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you know what they say... the family that changes oil together, stays together!

      Delete